Thursday, March 25, 2010

90 years young and then some

My Grandpa Noorda turned 90 years old and we had to celebrate. This involved a much bigger project then I realized, but I couldn't have done it without my
professional cake turner/cheerleader/dishwasher/bowl liking side kick.
Jordan was a big help, and it was a lot of fun.
We started trying to find gum balls. After searching all over Logan, and making the Sams club forklift driver close down three isle to check the very top shelf, we finally found them at Maceys. We entertained a few kids by banging on the bin and destroying the display to get them out, but we conquered all!


After the eats we sat around and asked him questions of his life. It was fun to hear all the stories from the war and what it was like growing up. I kept thinking of my Grandma and wishing she where there. But I like to think in moments like that, those we love and have passed can't be far away.


4 comments:

Jordan Falslev said...

What a cute grandpa! :) That cake looks so good :) Your a great cake maker :)

Liz Welker said...

I want to learn!!! That cake is DARLING!

Jake and Kristin said...

You are so creative!!! I love the cake...it turned out so cute! You are seriously so talented at so many things! Looks like the fam is doing good!

Jacqueline said...

I love your grandpa and you did a fabulous job with the cake! It is the best cake I have ever seen!!Love you lots!