Don't get me wrong, being pregnant does have one or two advantages. Like I haven't cleaned the bathroom for about a month, not always on my time frame but Jordan does a nice job and I don't have to put my socks on or pull my boots off. I have had some really fun showers given to me by some awesome people and I am so touched by their generosity and love.
I made these cute shadow boxes and I got the idea from a card I gave Jordan for Valentines Day.
I am so in love with these!
We got our crib set up and it went much smoother then the stroller and car seat assembly. Jordan was a little frustrated and pictures were not on the brain when that was being done. But we do have a way to get our little guy home and a place for him to sleep.
I am proud to say I have learned patience and some humility while being pregnant. Maybe not alot but I have definatly learned to take some things with a spoon full of sugar. . .or a grain of salt. I have also developed a keen sense for distingishing the difference between truth tellers and the "oops I shouldn't have said that but I will make her feel gooders".
Like when random women look at me, then my belly, then back at my face, tilt their head to the side ever so slightly, give me a sigh, and then smile and tell me how big I look and its all worth it in the end. They are the truth tellers.
Or those that go on for 5 minutes comparing me to everyone they know who has given birth including themselves, on how I look and carry my baby. But they all end with a pat on the shoulder and say "But you look really good." These are the feel gooders, beacause, 'yes! you shouldn't have told me I look 2 weeks past due and miserable, and then look shocked when I tell you there is still a month to go!'
And of course you can't talk to anyone without them sharring in great personal detail their birth story about how wonderful or horrible it was. These are always truth tellers, because you end up hearing something you would have rather not.
I am getting huge, I carry it all out in front, and am preparing myself for the worst. What more can I do then take a picture every week and hopefully appreciate it all someday. It will be totally worth it in the end and I can't wait to be a mom and enjoy every moment of it.



9 comments:
Cute Amy!! I'm sure it will all be worth it!!! Can't wait to meet your little guy. Love ya
Can I just say that you LOOK ABSOULUTLY BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to see you in about a month :) Love you lots and take care!! :D
Serious Amy- You are such a beautiful pregnant woman! Can't wait for little B to get here! Love you!!
LOVE the nursery! You are too cute! SO excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures of your little man!
Truth: You look AWESOME for 32/33 weeks! I'm so sorry I can't make your shower, but I have your gift so next time I'm in Logan we'll have to get together. :) Can't wait for you to have your little man!
You are so funny! My favorite comments by others are after you tell them where you will deliver, they say, "Oh I delivered there and it was horrible.....but maybe you'll get better nurses..." That comforts the fear of delivery....not. :) oh the joys!! Good luk! Oh and personlly think you look beautiful pregnant, for sure! ...and I LOVE the cowboy theme!!
I definitely understand!!! I am at 28 weeks so I'm a few behind you, but I am tired of all the comments about "wow you're really poking out now!!" Really though people--I think I am aware more than anyone else how "big" I really am, and I don't need anyone else to tell me. HA. Cute nusery! I can't wait to get ours all set up. I look forward to seeing you soon! Good luck with your last few weeks.
i love little cowboys soo fun! but by the way you do look pretty hot i wish i looked that good pregnant.HONEST. by the way our hubby visited about pregnancy and how they love the body pillows.or how they hate them:)
It was so fun to see you at your shower! I am so excited for you and Jordan. Your little man is lucky to be coming to your family. Love ya!
Post a Comment